Veasna's Khmer Style Laab (លាប ខ្មែរ)
- Pork (សាច់ជ្រូក) – 200g
Cucumber (ត្រសក់)- 2
Long Bean (សណ្តែក) – 200g
Red Onion (ខ្ទឹមក្រហម) – 3
Eggplant (ត្រប់) – 3
Red Chilli (ម្ទេសក្រហម) – 2
Green Chilli (ម្ទេសបៃតង) – 2
Ginger (ខ្ញី) – 100g
Lime (ក្រូចឆ្មា) – 3
Roasted Rice Powder (ម្សៅអង្ករលីង) – 200g
This week’s video is a South East Asian classic popular in Laos and Thailand, Laab (or Larb). This is my Khmer style version. Vary amount of chilies to taste and serve with your favourite dipping vegetables.
- Chop cucumber, long beans, eggplant, ginger, lime, green chilli, red onion & red chilli
- Chop pork into small pieces
- Chop again until finely ground
- Heat pan, add oil and add red onion
- Add pork, oyster sauce, salt sugar and stock and rice powder
- Add a cup of water, red chilli and stir over heat until falvours combined.
- Add cooked pork mix to bowl and add lime and mint.
- Mix well, and serve with prepped vegetables